Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Las Fallas en Valencia

A couple weekends ago I went to Valencia to see part of a weeklong festival called "Las Fallas." Apparently all year long Valencians create giant statues of whatever their hearts desire and then they burn them. I was there for the burning of the statues so did get to see some of them.

And yet again the Spanish bewilder me with the need for fire during every festival. And even though I did not get to see some “fuego” this trip, I did get to hear some fireworks (Spanish Black Cats) every ten seconds all day and all night. Good Times.

I would really like to see this one on fire.


This one too.


This one too. Just Kidding! This is a fountain and water does not light on fire.


This is a famous church.


I think these are supposed to look mouths of fish...I mean...Sea Kittens...Sorry PETA.


This Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias. It is really cool.


Designed by Santiago Calatrava Valls himself.


Look Mom! I'm inside of a Sea Kitten! Just like Jonah!



No comments: